Help us build Laaso.io, an open source data platform that offers learning-as-a-service for digitally-enabled social impact organizations. We think of it as a Splunk for the social sector. It will help organizations transform ODK forms/metadata and chat logs into useful insights about their clients and operations. Our ideal candidate is two parts data engineering, one part user research, and one part partnerships whiz.
What you’ll do
- Identify and interact with design partners (usually small to mid-size non-profit organizations) to define terms of reference, data sharing agreements, and SLAs.
- Collate partners’ user requirements, draft product specifications and roadmaps, and manage work plans.
- Capture partners’ business process requirements for any proposed solutions or features.
- Coach design partners on their internal data collation and preparation (including education on relevant file formats and/or extraction processes). Set up practices to maintain data integrity.
- Run queries on partners’ data. Write SQL scripts that manipulate and analyze data across multiple tables. Rapidly identify errors, missing data, and other anomalies. Develop reports using visualization tools like Google Data Studio or Tableau.
- Manage information flows between partners and the Agency Fund team, and resolve issues quickly.
- Collect detailed user feedback on outputs delivered to partner organizations. Translate into proposed updates to the Laaso platform.
- Develop, maintain, and provide documentation on processes, scripts and case management for future reference.
Who we're looking for
- Experience with ETL / Data Engineering practices and building or using Data Lakes/Warehouses.
- Strong quantitative user research skills, including survey design and piloting, statistical data analysis, and A/B testing.
- Experience developing and executing A/B tests and translating the results into valuable business insights.
- Familiarity working with Open Data Kit, SQL, Google BigQuery, Tableau, and/or Google Data Studio.
This position will remain open until filled, but we encourage you to apply before June 30, 2022.
Grants Administrator (Flexible / Remote)
We are hiring a Grants Administrator to ensure that we process philanthropic investments efficiently, capture the data we need to come to informed decisions, and hold ourselves and our applicants accountable to progress and impact. You will also help us build community among our grantees, donors, and other partners.
What you’ll do
- Interact with applicants & potential investees.
- Orchestrate the screening, review, and due diligence process.
- Assign and schedule interactions with Agency Fund team members and referees.
- Organize investment committee and investment evaluation meetings.
- Administer the investments page on the Agency Fund website in consultation with team members and grantees.
- Schedule meetings and conferences with Agency Fund fellows and grantees.
- Interact with the Agency Fund’s fiscal sponsor on the management of grant agreements.
- Organize reporting to donors and other stakeholders.
- Organize contracting with consultants and vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who we're looking for
- Must have strong written and spoken English skills; additional languages are a plus.
- Must be skilled in the use of spreadsheet software (such as Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets).
- Willing to learn data collection software (such as Google Forms or Content Snare), database software (such as Airtable or Salesforce), and website software (such as Webflow).
- Detail-oriented and thorough; does not let anything slip through the cracks.
- Professional and well-organized.
- Background in grants management, accounting, paralegal support, or customer service are a plus.
- Compensation $50k-$80k, depending on work experience and location.
- This position can be remote, and applicants from developing countries are encouraged to apply. Your work hours should overlap with Pacific time and Eastern time zones at least four hours daily.
This position will remain open until filled, but we encourage you to apply before August 30, 2022.